Top Ten Tuesday: Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!
So, I’ve never been big on resolutions. I know I will inevitably let myself down and then I will just be sad that I made the resolution in the first place because then I created the opportunity to disappoint myself. I know, I am such a terribly cynical person. But for the purpose of this post, I tried my best. It was very difficult to do, I’ll have you know.
- Read 52 books in 2015! One book a week. I CAN TOTALLY DO THAT, RIGHT? I want to set myself a target that’s realistic given how busy I am, a target that’s a little challenging but won’t stress me out. One book a week sounds about right.
- Read at least one LGBTQ book a month! That should be easy…
- Keep blogging. The whole year. If I’m still posting on this blog this time next year I will consider that a resounding success.
- Only request ARCs if I really, really want them. If I request an ARC and I get it, I am going to read it and review it. I feel so bad about all the stuff I got this year that I haven’t read and don’t really plan to read ever…
- In the same vein, STOP BUYING BOOKS UNLESS YOU’RE REALLY GOING TO READ THEM. At least ARCs are free!!! BOOKS AREN’T FREE. SO STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THINGS YOU WILL NEVER READ. 😡
- Read and review more adult fantasy books! And maybe a bit of sci-fi as well. I love fantasy but I’ve always neglected sci-fi and there are some pretty cool books like Ancillary Justice that I really want to read!
- Spend more time reading and commenting on other blogs. I wanna make more blogger friends!
- If I intend to review a book that I’ve read, then I am going to review it, even if it’s just a very quick mini-review. (And yes, ALLOW YOURSELF TO WRITE QUICK MINI-REVIEWS. Reviews don’t all have to be lengthy and eloquent and thoughtful and perfect!!!)
- Actually allow myself to give books low ratings without feeling really bad about it and then somehow rating the book a bit higher than I should’ve because I felt bad. NOOO. DON’T DO THAT CYNTHIA.
- Honestly, I think my biggest resolution is actually to just take it easy and not be overambitious or get angry at myself when I fail to do certain things that I expected myself to do. (This probably applies to life in general as well.) I want to enjoy blogging and just do whatever makes me happy, because that’s the only way I’ll still be blogging a year from now.