Meg @ Adrift on Vulcan tagged me in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you, Meg! ❤ Time to answer some questions!
1. Three words that describe yourself!
Lazy, shy, awkward?? GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE. I can’t think of a positive word….
Wait let’s do this more positively: smiles a lot. Yes, I do. I smile a lot. People comment on this all the time.
2. How does a book blurb pique your interest for that book?
I have the bad habit of not reading the blurb properly most of the time. I visit the Goodreads page, I look at the cover, I scan through the reviews, I maybe glance briefly at the blurb, and then I’m like OKAY LOADS OF PEOPLE LOVE THE BOOK AND IT HAS AN AMAZING COVER, I’M BUYING IT. Very often I read a book without knowing what it’s about. Reviews pique my interest for a book far more than the blurb does.
But, that said, if there’s any LGBTQ element advertised in the blurb, it’s pretty much automatically going on the TBR. Also, if I read a blurb and I’m like, this really doesn’t sound like anything I’ve ever read, that also piques my interest. Otherwise, blurbs bore me. It’s all about covers and reviews for me.
3. QUICK! Share with us your absolute favorite gif!
4. What is one fictional thing you wish existed in the real world?
Unicorns. Yep. Unicorns.
Okay wait no. TELEPORTATION. I have to travel a lot and I hate flying. If we can get cool teleportation that never fails, that would be great. I am getting more terrified of flying every time I hear about another plane disaster.
5. Caption this image:
6. What is one word that would describe what you are currently feeling now, and why?
Guilty. I should be translating Virgil, not writing this post… Oops.
7. The book gods have decided to gift you three books of your choice — what books would you pick?
Oh, ye powerful book gods, nobody gave me any of the books I wanted for Christmas SO JUST PICK ANY THREE AND GIVE THEM TO ME.
8. If you had the power to read minds, whose would you read first?
This is a dangerous as fuck ability, and I REALLY DON’T WANT IT. I don’t know, maybe I’m cynical, but I think the world would be a terrible place if I could read other people’s minds. Because even the nicest people in my life will probably have the occasional negative thoughts about me. I’m not perfect, and I don’t wanna hear that shit, you know? I can breathe much easier never knowing what goes on in everyone else’s minds. SORRY REALLY DEPRESSING ANSWER.
9. You get to choose a dress from any book cover — which book cover dress would you choose?
WHAT AN AWESOME QUESTION. I thought this would be easy to answer. I googled YA covers with girls in dresses. I looked through the list…… and I was appalled by the fact that I WANTED NONE OF THESE DRESSES. Sure, they look pretty on a cover, but…. would I look good in them? Probably not.
In the end it was a tie between these two. Both of which were books I’d never even heard of. I would probably look much better in the white dress, but red is my favourite colour and I couldn’t resist…
10. Finally… What is the ONE BOOK you would endlessly push people to read?
Okay, so I STILL haven’t been able to stop talking about Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill. I only gave it 4.5 stars at the time of reading but having had a lot of time to reflect on that, it’s probably actually my favourite book of 2014. It’s an incredibly disturbing and distressingly real dystopia. It feels way, way too close to our world. Beautifully written and so important. Are you a feminist? Read this book. Are you not a feminist? Wait what the hell are you even doing on my blog, go away and read this book and don’t come back until you call yourself a feminist.
Tagging these people:
- Lisa @ Tea Time and Paperbacks
- Cayce @ Niji Feels
- Laurel @ Rainbow Reading
- Lesley @ Books and Beautiful World
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives
- … and anyone else who wants to do it, obviously!
Your questions, should you choose to accept them…
- What is one book/series that you really wish were a movie, and who should play the main character?
- A moment from 2014 etched forever on your mind, go!
- Do you cook? What do you like to cook?
- Describe your ideal date with your current book boyfriend/girlfriend (appropriate to the book setting, of course).
- Which book character is your best friend most like?
- Favourite item of clothing that you own?
- What’s the first book you have a clear memory of reading by yourself?
- In 2025, you hop onto a time machine and go back to 2015 to visit yourself. What one question would your current, 2015-self ask your 2025-self?
- Proudest achievement of your life so far?
- If you could eat books, which book do you think would be the most delicious and what would it taste like?
SORRY THE LAST QUESTION IS KIND OF SUPER RANDOM. Thinking of questions is hard!