Top Ten Tuesday: Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!
1) A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab: LONDON URBAN FANTASY WRITTEN BY AN AUTHOR I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO READ BUT HAVEN’T YET (this will become something of a theme in this post). AWESOME COVER. Just. AWESOME EVERYTHING. I LOVE LONDON URBAN FANTASY STORIES!!
2) The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough: THAT COVER. Also this just seems really cool? Historical fiction blended with fantasy set in 1930s, and the female MC is an African-American girl who wants to become a pilot!!
3) The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak by Brian Katcher: GEEKS AT COMIC CON BASICALLY!!!! *shrieks*
4) Half Wild by Sally Green: SEQUEL TO HALF BAD. I HOPE THERE’S LOTS OF GABRIEL. THERE BETTER BE.
5) Black Iris by Leah Raeder: Queer girls! ROMANTIC SUSPENSE NOVEL. I STILL NEED TO READ UNTEACHABLE THOUGH.
6) All the Rage by Courtney Summers: I don’t know how I haven’t read a single book by Summers yet because I keep looking at them and thinking THEY SOUND AMAZING, I WANNA READ THEM. I think this book will be a really good place to start, as most people are saying it’s Summers’ best one yet, and it seems like a really difficult and honest read about rape culture.
7) Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway: Now that I’ve read a book by Benway, I AM SUPER LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE. I love Benway’s style. Cute with just the perfect amount of emotional depth.
8) Fish out of Water by Natalie Whipple: I JUST LOVE THE COVER and Cait @ Paper Fury gave it quite a good review. I dunno, it just seems like a really quirky and fun book! And diverse! Awesome.
9) Hold Me Closer by David Levithan: YEP IT’S THE TINY COOPER BOOK. THE TINY COOPER MUSICAL BOOK. I REALLY HOPE THIS IS GOOD. I absolutely loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
10) The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand: I have yet to read anything by Hand but this looks like a heartbreaking contemporary about grief.
PLUS TWO which don’t have covers yet
What We Left Behind by Robin Talley: I loved Talley’s debut, Lies We Tell Ourselves, so I’m really looking forward to her second book, which is about a romantic relationship between someone who identifies as a lesbian and someone who identifies as genderqueer and how they struggle through their first year of college apart. (MORE BOOKS ABOUT LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS PLEASE.)
Masquerade by Laura Lam: FINALLY THE THIRD AND FINAL BOOK IN THE MICAH GREY TRILOGY. I loved the first two, and I have been waiting for this third book for a while now. There was obviously a lot of trouble with Strange Chemistry closing down, but I think the third book will hopefully arrive some time this year!!